Top Hat Careers
Are you ready to change the future of higher ed?
Top Hat is quickly becoming the leading teaching platform in higher education. And we're building the team to fuel our growth.
Why team members love working at Top Hat
- A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
- A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
- Competitive stock options program that encourages our team to act like owners
- Professional learning and development for all role levels
- An awesome and welcoming Toronto HQ, and a growing sales hub in Austin, Texas
- Competitive health benefits that start on day one
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
- Our winning strategy and market potential
- Innovative PTO policy with lots of time and space for self-care
- Passionate customers that believe in us—and what we do
- A chance to work with new tech like generative AI - and see the customer impact first-hand in weeks (not years)
- Through our Top Hat Field Trip, every Top Hatter has the chance to visit a campus to see and feel the impact we're making in class with instructors and students
Why educators and students love Top Hat
- Over 20,000 educators and 3 million students rely on Top Hat
- 91% of Top Hat instructors say we drive great student outcomes
- 81% of Top Hat students believe Top Hat is worth the price
- Clear evidence that Top Hat helps improve student grades
- Our dedicated support team makes educators’ lives easier
- A growing community of Top Hat customers we call Top Scholars
- Our all-in-one active learning platform makes course delivery engaging in any teaching modality—online, in person or hybrid
At Top Hat, everyone is welcome.
We are devoted to serving colleges and universities. We recognize that we have a unique responsibility to create the space for change—and to remind people of the essential role higher education plays in breaking down unjust barriers. As one of the fastest-growing education technology companies in the world, we believe in offering an environment where all employees and customers feel accepted and set up for success, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, or cultural background.
While we are still early in our journey, Top Hat has worked hard to make our company a place where everyone can be their authentic selves. As a result of our employees’ grassroots efforts, we have improved our hiring processes, developed strategic partnerships with organizations like the Black Professionals in Technology Network (BPTN), and broadened our talent funnel with the aim of bringing more diverse thought and representation to our team.
Our mission and vision motivate and bind all
Top Hatters together as one team
We empower educators to engage students and unleash their potential.
Be the leading teaching platform, transforming the way professors create, curate and deliver content inside and outside the classroom to drive educational ROI.
Our Core Values
Our Five Cs are the heart of our culture, they bring our mission to life, and define how we show up for our customers — and each other.
Curiosity is our fuel for innovation, exploring different perspectives, developing empathy, and appreciating what we have yet to learn.
Our diverse backgrounds and life experiences enable us to do more good as a community than we’re able to achieve individually.
We’re always looking for new ways to enrich and improve the customer experience. And we get personal satisfaction in improving the lives of educators and students.
From the small promises we make to the big audacious goals we set, we hold ourselves accountable and ensure we deliver - for our customers and each other.
Affordable and equitable higher education has the power to transform people’s lives, and we’re driven by the role it plays in creating a better society.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Find an open role now.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known when contacted.