Top Hat Careers
Are you ready to change the future of higher ed?
Top Hat is quickly becoming the dominant teaching platform in higher education. And we're building the team to fuel our growth.
Why team members love working at Top Hat
- A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
- A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
- Professional learning and development for all role levels
- The latest and greatest technology to do your job
- An awesome and welcoming Toronto HQ
- Competitive benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts
- We’re currently embracing an engaging, remote-first culture and work experience
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
- Our winning strategy and market potential
- Employee-led, exec sponsored employee resource groups
- Passionate customers that believe in us—and what we do
Why educators and students love Top Hat
- Over 20,000 educators and 3 million students rely on Top Hat
- 91% of Top Hat instructors say we drive great student outcomes
- 81% of Top Hat students believe Top Hat is worth the price
- Clear evidence that Top Hat helps improve student grades
- Our dedicated support team makes educators’ lives easier
- A growing community of Top Hat customers we call Top Scholars
- Our all-in-one active learning platform makes course delivery engaging in any teaching modality—online, in person or hybrid
At Top Hat, everyone is welcome.
We are devoted to serving colleges and universities. We recognize that we have a unique responsibility to create the space for change—and to remind people of the essential role higher education plays in breaking down unjust barriers. As one of the fastest-growing education technology companies in the world, we believe in offering an environment where all employees and customers feel accepted and set up for success, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, or cultural background.
While we are still early in our journey, Top Hat has worked hard to make our company a place where everyone can be their authentic selves. As a result of our employees’ grassroots efforts, we have improved our hiring processes, developed strategic partnerships with organizations like the Black Professionals in Technology Network (BPTN), and broadened our talent funnel with the aim of bringing more diverse thought and representation to our team.
Our mission and vision motivate and bind all Top Hatters together as one team
We empower educators to engage students and unleash their potential.
Be the dominant teaching platform, transforming the way professors create, curate and deliver content inside and outside the classroom to drive educational ROI.
These shape our culture, advance our mission and vision and define how we show up to one another
We believe that our success depends on being agile, resourceful and brave—no matter how great the challenge.
We believe that teamwork is the key to meeting our goals. We work hard, we work smart and we work without ego.
We believe in moving fast and aiming high, and that our company’s growth will revolutionize higher education.
We believe professors should be celebrated for their contributions to higher education.