Dean Pacey, Mark Arnason
When disruption is the norm for entrepreneurship, students need to be taught—and to think—differently. With a focus on disruptive technologies, Top Hat’s Discovering Entrepreneurship gives students a current, practical, and interactive tour of what it’s actually like to be an entrepreneur in today’s world. The text is grounded in decades of lived experience from the authors’ careers in the startup ecosystem and it incorporates lessons from real startups to give students an authentic understanding of entrepreneurship. This approach also allows students to connect theory with real-world situations to develop an entrepreneurial mindset they can apply to their course and their own lives.
Top Hat Interactive eText
requires a join code from instructor
of students say Top Hat helped them understand the course better.
Source: Top Hat Student Survey Spring 2023; n = 4,146
Table of Contents for Discovering Entrepreneurship
- Unit 1: Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Unit 2: Ideas
- Unit 3: The Startup Process
- Unit 4: Scaling Up
- Content for Accessibility
- Test Banks
- Modern, design thinking approach helps student build an entrepreneurial mindset and the skills they need to innovate and scale their ideas into successful ventures
- Unique video interviews with entrepreneurs and "myth vs. reality" sections provide clear distillations of the changing landscape of entrepreneurship
- Embedded media, interactive graphics and data, and formative assessment questions offer opportunities for practice throughout