Organic Chemistry I & II is designed for instructors who want an active, dynamic, and understandable approach to support their own efforts in the classroom. This ever-evolving textbook includes auto-graded questions, videos and approachable language in order to make difficult concepts easier to understand and implement.
Student Cost $65
Subscription to the Top Hat platform required. Students receive unlimited access to all course content for life.
Table Of Contents
- Chapter 1: Structure and Bonding
- Chapter 2: Nomenclature
- Chapter 3: Chemical Reactivity and Mechanisms
- Chapter 4: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 5: Conformations of Acyclic Alkanes and Cyclohexanes
- Chapter 6: Stereochemistry
- Chapter 7: SN2 Reactions
- Chapter 8: SN1 reactions and distinguishing the differences between SN1 and SN2 reactions
- Chapter 9: E1 Reactions to Form Alkenes
- Chapter 10: E2 Reactions to Form Alkenes
- Chapter 11: Substitution–Elimination: Discerning the Differences
- Chapter 12: Alkenes
- Chapter 13: Alkynes
- Chapter 14: Alcohols and Oxiranes
- Chapter 15: Ethers
- Chapter 16: IR Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
- Chapter 17: NMR
- Chapter 18: Radicals
- Chapter 19: Conjugated Systems, Orbital Symmetry, and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
- Chapter 20: Aromatic Compounds
- Chapter 21: Reactions of Aromatic Compounds
- Chapter 22: Aldehydes, Ketones, and their Anomeric Derivatives
- Chapter 23: Amines
- Chapter 24: Carboxylic Acids
- Chapter 25: Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
- Chapter 26: Condensations and Alpha Substitutions of Carbonyl Compounds
- Chapter 27: Synthetic Polymers
- Chapter 28: Biomolecules
“Keeping it Real” Sections Created by Neil Garg
Very relevant examples, many revolve around pop culture (including references to the popular TV show Breaking Bad)
Diverse and Extensive Questions
Questions are designed to walk students through the more confusing topics in a stepwise fashion.
Use our videos–or easily embed your own–to demonstrate key or complex course concepts for students to view as many times as needed.
LEARN HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE TOP HAT MARKETPLACE
Top Hat provides a uniquely flexible authoring tool that allows you to create content for your course in minutes and share it with the Top Hat community. Easily develop and distribute high-impact text, activities, quizzes, videos or questions specific to your course. Authors retain 45% of royalties of content sold through the Top Hat Marketplace.