Research Methods in Psychological Science
Lead Author(s): Laura Freberg
Student Price: $61.00
Research Methods in Psychological Science utilizes the power of interactivity to engage students in the principle approaches to research methodology. From getting started with research to applied research, this comprehensive textbook uses contemporary examples with easily accessible features such as embedded content and a wide array of questions.
Welcome to Research Methods in Psychological Science!
Hi there, and welcome to Top Hat's Research Methods in Psychological Science interactive text! We hope you have a great experience with this course and our text. To start, we would like to introduce you to some of our features so that you are comfortable with your new textbook.
Among the things you will frequently encounter in our texts are embedded questions. Depending on your professor, these may be graded for participation or correctness. There are seven types of questions we have to offer. Let's take a look at one of each:
1) Multiple Choice: Simply click on the correct answer. There may be more than one correct answer, which is indicated with, "Select all of the above that apply."
From what language does the word "science" originate?
2) Word Answer: Type your answer into the appropriate box. Be careful with your spelling!
________ are sets of facts and relationships among facts that explain and predict natural phenomena.
3) Numeric Answer: These questions require an answer that is a number.
There are _____ main categories of research questions.
4) Matching: Click on an item in the left-hand column, then click on its match in the right-hand column to align them.
Match the concept to its correct example.
What is the nature of fraternity culture?
How do rates of drinking vary between fraternity and non-fraternity members?
5) Click on Target: These questions will be accompanied by a picture. You must click on the correct part of the picture, usually an indicated "hotspot." Sometimes multiple clicks are allowed.
Click on the graph that shows a positive correlation.
6) Sorting: Click on an option and drag it into the proper order.
Sort the following elements of peer review process in the order of occurrence.
Revising the article
Resubmitting the article
Sending the article to reviewers
Publishing the article
7) Discussion: This type of question is indicated in the top banner. Type your answer in the appropriate space below the question.
Why is it important to use a consistent writing style, such as that recommended by the APA Publication Manual (2010)?
Throughout the text, you will see bold, blue popups on key terms. When you move your mouse over the term, the appropriate definition will appear.
Reference for this text:
Freberg, L. et al. (2017). Research Methods in Psychological Science: A Top Hat Interactive Text. Toronto, ON: Top Hat Monocle. Available from https://tophat.com/marketplace/social-science/psychology/textbooks/research-methods-in-psychological-science-laura-freberg/736.
Finally, we're here to help. Please reach out to the Support Team as needed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Support page by clicking here.
Good luck, and we hope you have a great semester!