Research Methods in Psychological Science
Lead Author(s): Laura Freberg
Student Price: Contact us to learn more
Research Methods in Psychological Science utilizes the power of interactivity to engage students in the principle approaches to research methodology. From getting started with research to applied research, this comprehensive textbook uses contemporary examples with easily accessible features such as embedded content and a wide array of questions.
What is a Top Hat Textbook?
Top Hat has reimagined the textbook – one that is designed to improve student readership through interactivity, is updated by a community of collaborating professors with the newest information, and accessed online from anywhere, at anytime.
- Top Hat Textbooks are built full of embedded videos, interactive timelines, charts, graphs, and video lessons from the authors themselves
- High-quality and affordable, at a significant fraction in cost vs traditional publisher textbooks
Key features in this textbook
Key features in this textbook
- Engage students with all different learning styles
- Offer practical applications of principles to real-world research problems
- Give insight on contemporary issues
- Built-in assessment questions are embedded throughout chapters
- Students get the opportunity to read a little, then do a little
- Your class can test themselves to see what they know
- Fully customizable textbook fits any professor’s needs
- Pre-made lecture slides and in-class polls, discussion questions and activities help with class prep
About this textbook
Laura Freberg, Ph.D.California Polytechnic State University
Laura Freberg received her Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees from UCLA and conducted her dissertation research at Yale University under the direction of Robert Rescorla. She is a Professor of Psychology at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (teaching Introductory Psychology, Biological Psychology, and Sensation and Perception) and an instructor for Argosy University Online (teaching Research Methods, Cognitive Psychology, Sensation and Perception, Statistics, and Writing in Psychology). Laura is the author and co-author of two other textbooks: Discovering Behavioral Neuroscience (4th ed.) and Discovering Psychology: The Science of Mind (3rd ed.). Laura serves as the Archives and Bylaws Chair for the Society for Social Neuroscience and is on the Council of Representatives for the Western Psychological Association.
Clarissa ThompsonKent State University
Joe Simons-RudolphNorth Carolina State University
Donna WolosinSan Diego State University
Victor DuarteNorth Idaho College
Turkan OcalUniversity of Minnesota Duluth
Katherine AumerHawaii Pacific University
Inna KanevskySan Diego Community College District
Ashley Simons-RudolphNorth Carolina State University
Karen HolmesNorfolk State University
Paulina KuleszUniversity of Houston
Explore this textbook
Read the fully unlocked textbook below, and if you’re interested in learning more, get in touch to see how you can use this textbook in your course today.