College Success - A Concise Practical Guide
Lead Author(s): David L. Strickland, Carol J. Strickland
Student Price: Contact us to learn more
College Success, A Concise Practical Guide, from BVT Publishing, is a comprehensive textbook with all of the content required to teach a typical College Success or FYE course. This Top Hat version contains everything you need for before, during, and after class. Students can read fully customizable chapters with built-in active learning components and formative assessment elements. Each chapter is accompanied by PowerPoint slides with built-in comprehension questions and engagement tools. After class, students can engage with pre-made, fully customizable homework assignments, plus chapter summaries for student review. There is also a comprehensive chapter-by-chapter Instructor’s Manual; pre-made customizable midterm and final exams; and extensive test banks.
What is a Top Hat Textbook?
Top Hat has reimagined the textbook – one that is designed to improve student readership through interactivity, is updated by a community of collaborating professors with the newest information, and accessed online from anywhere, at anytime.
- Top Hat Textbooks are built full of embedded videos, interactive timelines, charts, graphs, and video lessons from the authors themselves
- High-quality and affordable, at a significant fraction in cost vs traditional publisher textbooks
Key features in this textbook
Key features in this textbook
- Critical thinking activities are embedded throughout the text
- These activities are intended to be completed by students prior to reading a chapter
- Reading comprehension questions are also included throughout each chapter
- These are designed to assess student knowledge, literal comprehension, inferential comprehension and analysis
- Make learning more interactive and engaging
- Embed videos, interactive timelines, charts, graphs, and even video lessons
Customized to your needs
- Teach with a personal touch
- Customize your textbook and add in discussion prompts, learning objectives, or videos
- Add school-specific resources, calendars and content
About this textbook
College Success: A Concise Practical Guide is especially designed to help students succeed in college. It contains twelve brief—but rich—chapters on topics proven to make a difference for academic success. It teaches students to focus on learning rather than focus on grades.
This book is written by two professors who have over forty-six years of combined teaching experience. They have taught in small two-year colleges as well as in large public and private universities
David L. Strickland, MAEast Georgia State College
David L. Strickland, MA, is the director of the Student Success Program and a professor of sociology at East Georgia State College. He is coauthor of an introductory sociology textbook, My Sociology, now in its second edition. He is the author of the freshman orientation course textbook at East Georgia State College, College Success: A Concise Practical Guide (seventh edition).
Carol J. Strickland, PhDGeorgia Southern University
Carol J. Strickland, PhD, RN, is retired from teaching but served for seven years as associate professor of nursing and director of nursing research at Georgia Southern University School of Nursing in Statesboro, Georgia. She worked in nursing at the University of Rochester School of Nursing in Rochester, New York, for twenty-four years, where she received her PhD in nursing. She has published numerous articles in the area of psychiatric mental health nursing practice, psychoneuroimmunology, and sociology.
Explore this textbook
Read the fully unlocked textbook below, and if you’re interested in learning more, get in touch to see how you can use this textbook in your course today.