This interactive textbook is a study of selective genres and styles of music originating primarily in the African-American experience.
Author: Derrick Spiva
Student Cost $60
Subscription to the Top Hat platform required. Students receive unlimited access to all course content for life.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Why Study African American Music?
- Chapter 2: African American Music "Sound Track" of Life. The Science Behind the Music
- Chapter 3: Africana Culture/History Part 1–A Summary
- Chapter 4: Africana Culture/History Part 2–A Summary
- Chapter 5: African Origins, Civil War & Reconstruction
- Chapter 6: African American Music and Civil Rights
- Chapter 7: Women in African American Music
- Chapter 8: The African American Music Industry -The Business of Creating and Sharing Music
- Chapter 9: Spirituals
- Chapter 10: Jazz/ Blues
- Chapter 11: Musical Theater
- Chapter 12: Rhythm & Blues, Soul, Rap and Funk
- Chapter 13: Pop, Disco and House/ Techno Music
- Chapter 14: Art/Classical Music
LEARN HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE TOP HAT MARKETPLACE
Top Hat provides a uniquely flexible authoring tool that allows you to create content for your course in minutes and share it with the Top Hat community. Easily develop and distribute high-impact text, activities, quizzes, videos or questions specific to your course. Authors retain 45% of royalties of content sold through the Top Hat Marketplace.