Visions (Post Confederation), Second Edition
P.E. Bryden, Maureen Lux, Lynne Marks, Marcel Martel, Daniel Samson, Colin M. Coates
Previously published by Nelson. The editor’s choice Post-Confederation volume of Visions brings together 12 pre-selected modules that tackle topics within Canadian history. This unique collection provides consistency for instructors and students as each module is designed around a consistent framework. A short contextual introduction provides students with an overview of what they will be learning and is followed by a series of both primary and secondary sources, including visual materials. All modules conclude with questions for further discussion and study, along with a bibliography. This collection can be used to compliment a core text or be used on its own, depending on the approach of the course.
of students say Top Hat helped them understand the course better.
Source: Top Hat Student Survey Spring 2023; n = 4,146
Table of Contents for Visions (Post Confederation), Second Edition
- Front Matter
- Chapter 1: AS LONG AS THE SUN SHINES AND THE WATERS FLOW
- Chapter 2: INDUSTRIALIZATION AND WOMEN’S WORK, 1870s–1920s
- Chapter 3: THE EARLY CANADIAN WOMEN’S MOVEMENT AND THE STRUGGLE FOR THE VOTE, 1870s–1918
- Chapter 4: SPORTING IDENTITIES
- Chapter 5: THE GREAT WAR
- Chapter 6: CANADA IN THE 1930s
- Chapter 7: EUGENICS IN CANADA
- Chapter 8: WORLD WAR II AND THE INTERNMENT OF ENEMY ALIENS
- Chapter 9: A NATIONAL CRIME
- Chapter 10: PEACEKEEPING MISSIONS, 1956-1990s
- Chapter 11: RECONCILING THE TWO SOLITUDES?
- Chapter 12: QUEERING CANADA