Masterful Essays in Academic English: A Language Learner’s Handbook
The second edition of Masterful Essays in Academic English: A Language Learner’s Handbook, is a high-intermediate to advanced-level ESL writing textbook that teaches five-paragraph academic essays. This text is ideal for stand-alone college-level or pre-college level writing courses or combined reading and writing courses intended for nonnative speakers of English. The premises of the text, “if you can write a sentence, you can write a book,” and “good writing is the sum of its parts,” breaks complex writing tasks into manageable, easy-to-learn chunks for students.
Price without a current Top Hat subscription
Table of Contents for Masterful Essays in Academic English: A Language Learner’s Handbook
- Unit I: What is an Academic Essay?
- Unit II: Masterful Thesis Statements
- Unit III: Masterful Outlines
- Unit IV: Masterful Introductions and Conclusions
- Unit V: Masterful Body Paragraphs
- Unit VI: Masterful Transitions, Words and Structures
- Unit VII: Mastery across Genre
- Unit VIII: Masterful Short Pieces: Masterful Long Pieces: How to Taylor the Essay to Meet Any Length Requirement
- Unit IX: Mastering the Personal Essay for College/Program Admission
Join a community of 750+ campuses that use Top Hat
Top Hat also allows instructors to create and curate their own content for their courses.Read our Educator Stories