It’s never been easier to create your own content.
Top Hat provides a uniquely flexible, collaborative authoring tool that allows you to create course content in minutes and share it with the Top Hat community.
- Create text, activities, quizzes, videos or questions specifically for your course
- Easily develop and adapt content that flows with your lecture
- Earn royalties of 45%—significantly higher than with traditional publishers (plus 10% goes to charity)
- Collaborate in real-time with peers to create fresh, up-to-date content
- Retain ownership of the content you author
The future of academic publishing is here—join thousands of educators who are already authoring interactive texts with Top Hat.
If you have supplemental materials you’ve written or gathered over the years, this is the perfect opportunity to begin the conversation with us.
See what educators who have authored on Top Hat are saying:
Greg Domski, Assistant Professor, Augustana College
“The Top Hat platform allowed us to motivate students to read prior to coming to class in a way that is not possible with traditional, non-interactive textbooks. Most impressively, the average score on final exams increased from the 49th percentile to the 64th percentile; this was the highest score I’ve seen in my time teaching organic chemistry.”
Christopher Bone, Assistant Professor, University of Oregon
“Working with Top Hat could really be the future of publishing. The process is much more flexible, there’s very little red tape, and as an author, I feel like my contributions are respected. Authoring with Top Hat doesn’t feel like being a small part in the publishing game, it’s been a relationship based on mutual respect, which goes a long way.”